Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice Storm Equals Snow Day

We are in the middle of an ice storm here. It isn't too big of a deal to be "snowed" in yet, UNLESS we lose power, which the news channels keep saying is very possible. I've done quite a bit of preparing, but there is only so much you can do for that. Losing power for days is not something I'm prepared for no matter what.

I snuck out to the porch today and snapped a few pictures to give you an idea of the kind of ice we have gotten. We are supposed to get another big wave of ice this afternoon with it eventually turning to snow.





Matt is working from home today, but working nonetheless, which is always tricky when both girls are home. It is just difficult to keep them busy, but quiet, so he have professional phone calls. We have played legos, watched some TV, played with play-doh, and I have some baking planned for after nap/quiet time.

Yesterday I began the process of cleaning out Lily's outgrown clothes. I was way overdue. I also had baskets of laundry to put away. Yuck, oh, yuck. Some of it is my own fault. I should have never let Lily's clothes get as bad as they did. I had huge bags in her closet that I just haven't dealt with, or that I started and then never finished so Matt put them back in the closet and I forgot about them. (See, I'm blaming Matt, It's all his fault.)

So, I started with putting away laundry- you know, in case we lose power, I must have clean clothes to wear! Lily helped by playing Golden Hanger of Destiny.


Ugh. Then clothes sorting. I'm so blessed to have this much to sort through. I get to pass most of it to my sweet niece Bella, and some of it will go to Goodwill. But, it is still a job. I'm still waiting on a box so I can put it straight into the box that get shipped to Bella's door. So, honestly, most of it is still sitting in those bags. After this ice storm, a box is on my list!



So, that is what is up here. Are you getting bad weather where you are?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails