Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday Memories

Did you watch the Super Bowl yesterday? It's kind of a cultural "have to," don't you find? We went to a small party and had a great time with good friends. We left a little before half time in order to get home in time for bedtime though. Not a huge deal for us because we weren't particularly invested in the game. (though Matt ended up caring more than he thought he would) No Colts. (sniff sniff)

Our favorite commercial by far was the Darth Vader Volkswagen one. So. Good.



Matt and I were also just reminiscing that 2 Super Bowls ago we were in the hospital with a newborn Lily. We watched the game in my hospital room, just the 2 of us, 2 days after my c-section. I remember I dozed off and on while Matt watched, but I did wake up to watch the special episode of The Office after the game. We laughed and laughed at that show. We laughed so much that the nurse thought there were more people than just us in the room and I was killing my poor stomach (incision) from laughing. I remember having tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard. It's a great memory.

We agreed that we're pretty sure that we'll remember that year every Super Bowl. I hope so.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails