Thursday, February 17, 2011

It feel like summer!

Yesterday, since it wasn't so cold and Lily was still napping, I thought I would walk down and meet Abby as she came off the bus. As I heard the bus come down the street, I slipped my Uggs on and headed to the door and she had run all the way from the bus stop and was already in front of our house! She yelled, "Mommy, it feels like summer!" Yes, it did. The temps were in the 60s. A far cry from the ice storm of 2 weeks ago. My, how fast weather can change in the Midwest.

Once Lily woke up, we made an effort to do some fun things. We ran a fun errand to Target and then came home and played outside a bit. We still had some unmelted snow in the back and ice on the deck, so we were stuck in the front (which isn't all bad). Plus, our grass is a soggy mess. There were lots of people outside in the neighborhood. We pulled out the trikes/bikes, chalk, and bubbles. What a difference for Lily since the last time she could play outside. She can actually do stuff now!

We also learned that Abby needs a big girl bike, like, now. I realize that this beautiful weather is fleeting, but I was planning on a bike for her birthday and I'm not sure we can wait that long. She looked ridiculous on the little one we have had for a couple years, even though she was quite content on it. I got Lily on the trike. We are working on keeping her feet on the petals. She got better at it even in the five minutes that we practiced.

It is supposed to be really warm today also, but breezier and not as sunny. Wonder what we'll do today?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails