Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Paint Monsters

The girls and I decided to try a project we saw in Disney's Family Fun magazine this week. With all the insane heat lately, I've been looking for any fun ideas I can. They had a whole article on big paint projects and that seemed fun, so I went out and bought paint and a big roll of paper. I figured a big roll of paper made all projects more fun than a little piece of paper.

Here are some pictures of the project we wanted to try:






It just so happens that Target has those spiky balls in their Dollar Spot right now. Meant to be, right?

So, we taped paper to the ladder of the playset (which only kinda worked) and also just laid some pieces on the grass. It turned out that "stamping" the balls worked better than throwing them. It was also messier than I thought it would be, especially for Lily. Good thing it was washable paint. God bless washable paint. Seriously, what did parents do before it?

Anyway, they turned out cool! Today, Abby and I worked on putting faces on them...






We're not sure what we're going to do with them all yet, but I've starting cutting them all out.

Fun times. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails