Monday, July 11, 2011

A fresh coat

Last spring, Matt and I picked up these three wooden chairs at a church garage sale for a dollar a piece. We thought we would paint them. They sat in our garage for a little over a year, and finally this weekend we took the plunge. We decided to do each one a different, bright color.

Matt lightly sanded them with a cool spongy-sandpaper thing we found at Home Depot. Much easier than regular sand paper. I then wiped them off with a wet rag and set them out in the sun to dry.


And then, for the transformation.... Spray paint!


It's amazing how different they look. They still need a second coat, which we'll do in the next day or two. We had to buy more paint, so now we just need an evening to do it. (I'm not sure it's the best environmental thing to do on a Nozone Action Day.)

Are you a big spray painter? It sure is a quick way to make a big transformation. I can see how it could be addictive. :)

1 comment:

Stine Family said...

If having the handy spray paint attachment so you don't have to press down the butten means you love spray paint, I am! I have quite the collection... which reminds me, I have more chalkboards to make!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails