Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Update

No, this is not the Weekend Update of Saturday Night Live. I'm just not that funny, unfortunately. If only I had Seth Myers writing for me. -but weekend update it is...

We started our weekend on Friday with Zoo-polooza at the zoo. They had a band playing and were open late. It was fun. The weather was perfect, and train rides were free for members. Can't go wrong, right? We warned the girls ahead of time that we would not be seeing all of the animals, so we picked just a couple to check out. It wasn't as busy since it was technically after hours, which was nice.

The girls checked out the fish in the "Oceans" building. This is a bubble window that goes "into" the aquarium. Kind of cool.


After the train ride, Matt splurged and took Abby on the zoo's rollar coaster. Which she, of course, loved. They are in the very first car which you can kind of see in the bottom right part of the picture.


The girls and I also saw the new Winnie the Pooh movie on Friday, so the girls have been very interested in some of my old Pooh books. Here is Lily "reading".


This next picture is funny. We just got home from the grocery store (about lunch time) and Lily, of course, fell asleep in the car (If you take her anywhere around 11-noon, she falls asleep). I woke her up and left her standing in the kitchen while I went to bring in the groceries. I finished that job and asked Abby where Lily was and all Abby can remember is Lily was taking her shoes off on the stairs. Yup... Dead asleep.


Also, a small prayer request.... I've really been struggling with my migraine headaches. If you have a prayer list, could you add that to it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails