Friday, December 17, 2010

Taking a little forced blogging vacation


I am, that is.

If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, you have probably already read this, but our big, beautiful, beloved iMac completely crashed. As in died. I struggled with it for 2-3 days and finally took it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and they unfortunately declared the Hard Drive dead.

The worst part is that we are losing almost everything. The only good thing is that I did save my pictures in a freak act of God. But everything else is pretty much gone. They will see if they can salvage anything when they replace it, but he said in cases like this they rarely find anything. The only good news (other than the photos) is that it is still under warranty so it is a free repair. It should take 5-7 days. I should be embarrassed, but yes, I did cry in the Apple store. Misted up and talked kind of funny. Just for a minute. Sigh.

That all said, for obvious reasons, I will be taking a little blogging break. I'll try to catch up later because I hope to have lots of pictures, because Christmas Break starts TODAY!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails