Friday, December 3, 2010

Making Ornaments

Last year for the first time, Matt unearthed a small Christmas tree that used to be his when he was a kid. We put it in the playroom for Abby and Lily (who was too little to "get" it) and put pretty much all homemade ornaments on it.

This year, all Abby can talk about is that tree. She remembers it very clearly, way more clearly than I would have thought.

We haven't pulled it out yet, it will probably come out this weekend, but I am trying to think of a way to be a little more creative on how we decorate it. The most recent Family Circle magazine had an article about Felt Crafts in it with a focus on homemade ornaments. Here is what their tree looked like:


Very cute.

This week, I stopped by JoAnns and picked up some pretty colors of felt, some sparkly doodads, and embroidery floss to create our own ornaments inspired by the above picture. I have some heavy duty glue already, so we should be set. They won't be the same, but they should be quite a bit prettier than construction paper. I think Abby will be very excited.

Do you do any homemade ornaments?

1 comment:

Stine Family said...

I do. I paint glass bulbs, usually with a single snowman or snow families. This year, I'm making a wreath for our front door with our last name on bulbs- one bulb per letter. I'll post a pic when Im finished. Your creativity is awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails