Monday, December 6, 2010

A little sparkle

I'm a little behind on Christmas shopping. We have pared down a lot the past year or two so there isn't as much to do, but I still feel that if Christmas was tomorrow, I wouldn't be ready. I was thinking about this as Matt and Abby braved the FREEZING cold this morning at the bus stop. Can I just tell you how glad I was that I didn't have to do that job this morning? Because there was a wind chill of -6 degrees this morning. No folks, that isn't a random hyphen, that is a negative sign. Brrrrrr.

Anyway, so I was thinking today is a great day to do a little shopping. I have only picked up a few toys so far for the girls, and lord knows they do not really need any more toys. I thought I'd pick out a cute outfit or two for them from my latest obsession in children's clothes, Gymboree. Yes. I have a problem. :) Their clothes are just too cute. I always have to wait for the sales because I can't justify their prices. I have also found some great second hand stuff on eBay, but I digress.... BUT, it is too freaking cold out to drag Lily out. Ah, but there is the beautiful world of online shopping! More selection and the lure of free shipping right now and sales, sales, sales. I love it. It is dangerous.

I was actually very good and the sales helped. I only got the girls each one outfit. But, I did get Abby some cute accessories to go with hers and I thought I'd share. How cute is this sparkly bracelet? The collection her outfit came from is called Sugarplum Sparkle, so this seems very fitting. Perfect for a five year old who loves a little glitz, I think. She is going to love it. (not to toot my horn or anything, but she will)
How is your shopping coming along?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails