Friday, October 1, 2010

Tidbits

I’m loving that Dancing with the Stars is back on. It’s also not all bad that Matt is generally out of town on Mondays because then he doesn’t get annoyed that I’m watching it.

Lily is still paci free and I am so glad. We did it and I haven’t had a single regret. I do have to admit there are times when she drives me nuts with her fussiness that I think it would be so easy to just shove a paci in there, but….. I’m still glad we’re done with that phase.

I had the best time with Abby when we saw Mary Poppins last weekend. I downloaded the soundtrack and we’ve been listening to it in the car. The song “Practically Perfect” keeps getting stuck in our heads and we sing it and drive Matt nuts. It’s fun.

Lily has been fully embracing bedtime routines as she is getting older. Just last night (and really, this isn’t new), she gave Abby a kiss and hug and ran into her room, which was dark. By the time I got in there (just a few steps behind her), she had her bedtime music playing and her star ladybug turned on.

I felt the teacher in me come out on Abby’s field trip the other day. I find it impossible to ignore it completely. Maybe if I had taught older kids? Something about corralling all those little ones…

Today is Matt’s birthday and we are going out to dinner with some friends and I am really looking forward to some fun conversation and laughs WITHOUT kids. It’s going to be fun. Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday, Matty!

I just prepared a schedule for some friends from church to provide meals for a fellow friend who is having a baby. How wonderful to have a support network like that. We have had so many babies over the last 2 years in our church and so many meals have been prepared and delivered.

I really want to see that new movie “The Social Network”. It looks really good. I also want to see the movie that comes out in another week about the two people that become guardians of a baby after the parents die. It looks really funny. I also MUST buy Beauty and the Beast next week when it comes out on DVD. I think it’s the only princess movie we don’t have.

Lily is obsessed with Goldfish crackers recently and so I bought one of those big cartons of them, but I bought the whole grain kind. I actually like them better than the original ones. Go figure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails