Friday, October 8, 2010

The Modern Conveniences of Today's Toasters

So you see this toaster?


Let me first say, this is not my toaster. This is a newer model of my toaster. My toaster is 10 years old. I got it as a wedding gift. I love my toaster, but it pretty much has all the same features (meaning the buttons) as the picture shows above, which is what I need for my story....

Some mornings, Abby will choose a Pop Tart for breakfast. She likes her warmed up in the toaster, however I know that if it goes a full cycle, it will be too hot. So, I put it in for a few seconds (maybe 30), and then I hit the "Cancel" button and it pops up, ready for her to eat. About a week ago, I showed her how to hit the "Cancel" button when she thought it was warm enough. She loves this job.

Fast forward to yesterday. I put some toast in, because she had requested toast this day for breakfast, and she was over by the toaster when it popped up. To which she exclaimed, "You mean, it pops up all by itself!?!?!"

Priceless.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That photo is our toaster and i don't like it...it burns one side and does nothing to the other side...AND it doesn't pop up until the toast is completely burnt. Just an FYI.

Carrie said...

I think that is the most recent version of ours, I'm guessing. Ours looks different, but essentially has the same features. Ours is nice though. I like it. Pretty funny story, though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails