Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mittens

I'd like to tell you a tale of a beloved pair of mittens.

These mittens came into my life about 12 years ago. They were a Christmas gift from my parents. I've had them longer than I've been married. I love them. They are threadbare in places, and well worn. The last few years I have been looking for a replacement, but I just couldn't find something I liked as well. I didn't want something really bulky. They couldn't be scratchy. They had to be mittens, not gloves. They had to be a color I liked. These are tough criteria in Carrie World.

These are my pitiful mittens. Aren't they sad looking? I should be embarrassed, I'm sure.


Yesterday, however, a light shone down from heaven on these beauties. They are perfect. Soft, thin, mittens (not gloves), green (my fave), and they even have a cute little slit to slip my fingers out if I need to (but not a bulky flip thing with a button).

Say a little prayer because my old gray mittens have been laid to rest and my new green mitten are waiting patiently in the pockets of my winter coat. I can't wait to wear them.


(I know, simple pleasures, right? But that is what makes me, me, right?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails