Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feeling Fancy

We have a few new things in our kitchen that make me feel like I am living very extravagantly. We recently came to have a Keurig Coffee Maker, which to me is very fancy. We didn't actually buy it in the normal way, however. Our friend, Lacie, won it at a work thing (along with a cool spin-y rack and a box full of sample coffees and hot chocolates) and doesn't drink coffee at all. She sold it to us for a very cheap price (really we essentially stole it, but thank you, Lacie, it has been used a ton already).

Matt is the only coffee drinker in our house, but what I have learned is that you can do hot chocolate in the Keurig! We actually bought a whole box of just hot chocolate thingies (what do you call those things?) at Target and Abby and I love them. The rack is really fun too. It makes us feel even fancier. You know, kind of like Fancy Nancy...


But the newest fancy thing I want to tell you about is something you may have noticed up above in the first picture. And that is my fancy new syrups... Yup, I have Starbucks Peppermint flavoring for my hot chocolate! Matt had to be a copycat and buy some caramel. That's okay. :) I saw on another blog I read that you could actually buy it there and so I emailed Matt yesterday while he was working because he frequents Starbucks during the workday.... and... guess what he surprised me with?!?! It is yummy.


Ah, simple pleasures. Yesterday morning I took a steamy cup of peppermint hot chocolate to the bus stop with me and shared it with Abby. Her first sip she said, "Yuck! Peppermint!" Then, about 10 seconds later, "That's good. Can I have another drink?"

1 comment:

Leon said...

The thingys are called K-cups.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails