Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wicked, Happy New Year, and Stuff

Boy, I feel like I have been really behind on the blogging thing lately. Lack of routine with the holidays and vacation, I think. It is starting to hit Abby that her Christmas vacation is about up. At first, she was a little sad to miss school for 2 weeks, and now I think she's a little sad for vacation to be over. Her school actually doesn't go back until Tuesday. The teachers have a work day on Monday, I believe. Matt heads back to work on Monday, so it will be "Girls Only" on Monday, which might be kind of fun.

Did everyone have a good New Year's Eve? I happen to hate New Year's Eve. I know that makes me a Scrooge. But, it's just not my thing. I don't even try to stay up anymore. What's even better is that I woke up sick this morning. I have what looks like a the beginning of a really good head cold. I fear the girls have passed it on to me. Lily is just finishing up a round of antibiotics for what started out as a cold and turned into an ear infection and minor bronchitis. I'm hoping mine passes quickly, but I'm feeling pretty crummy. It's been a while since I've been sick.

Around here, we've been trying to catch up on laundry....

I swear, every time I turn around the baskets are full again. :)

Also, on Thursday, Matt and I had a date night to go see Wicked. It was awesome. We got tickets through our friends at church again and had A.MAZ.ING. seats. Fifth row, center. Just as an illustration, in the first number, "No One Mourns the Wicked", they shoot streamers out into the audience and guess what landed in my lap? We were so close we got pelted (in a good way). I'm the dork who shoved them in her purse to bring home. I know. Dork.


You see things so differently when you sit so close. You can see emotion so much better on the actors faces. Very cool. Matt swore they were looking right at him when they sang. He was so funny.

I found this picture online*. It is from the number "Defying Gravity." One of the best numbers in the show, by far.


Well, I'm going to go be pitiful again with my sniffly nose. I'll be back next week!

*Cool Wicked site, if you're a fan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails