Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow seems to be the word

Everyone seems to be getting snow. Even people who don't usually get it. Weird. All of Matt's family in Tennessee is snowed in (Hi, Guys!), which is very unusual. My mother-in-law e-mailed us yesterday that they had 9 inches and counting and that she had washed curtains. I informed her that I needed to teach her the lost art of sitting on the couch, watching crap TV. I'm not convinced it is completely lost, but if she is washing curtains, maybe we need to revisit that one. :)

Here, we are in the middle of a big snowfall. Nothing revolutionary. Just really inconvenient. The news channel I watch the most for weather is predicting an average of 4-5 inches, with some spotty areas getting up to 7. The bad part is that it is mostly coming between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m, which is crummy timing. By tomorrow, it will be old news, but for today it really messes things up. Abby's school was on schedule but I'm sure that the bus ride home with be a mess. Lily and I were supposed to have a Gymboree class today, but I'm not in the mood to deal with snowy roads so I don't think we're going to venture out. Snow is coming down at a pretty good clip and Gymboree isn't a necessity today. It sounds like the roads on our side of town are pretty bad and on a good day it takes me 20 minutes to get over there. Nah. Not worth it. I think I'll hang out inside, and make it up some other day.

I tried to take some pictures of how fast it is coming down, but it is pretty hard to capture. Not sure you can tell. (Plus I'm taking pictures without actually stepping outside because I'm a big wienie.) I'm sure Abby will want to play outside when she gets home and I'll probably give in....





1 comment:

Miranda said...

You should head back to Disney and we'll drive down and visit you! Nolan loved his quick trip to the Disney Christmas special event!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails