Monday, January 31, 2011

A party for turning 2

I spent some time thinking about how we wanted to celebrate Lily's second birthday. We decided that we just wanted to have family because those of you who know and love Lily know that she does much better with a small group. We had Mickey Mouse Clubhouse decorations, which Lily loved.

I made this really cool garland out of tissue paper pom poms that I learned how to make from this tutorial. It turned out really pretty. I like it so much I may leave it up for a while!


We updated our kitchen chalkboard to reflect the occasion...
(oops, crooked picture)


I whipped up some cupcakes. The first time that I caved and made Funfetti, I must admit. I really wanted to make Chocolate Salted Caramel with crushed Heath on top, but I WAS making it for Lily's second birthday, so I went for the more kid-friendly. (sigh)


And, ah, the Pièce de résistance, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 3 tier cupcake display.
Too cool for school, right?


Abby made Lily a birthday crown to wear. Very cool. I love that you can see Abby in the background looking very proud.


And, it would be fair to say that Lily totally understands how to open a present by the age of 2.


Happy Birthday Lil!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails