Saturday, January 22, 2011

A day in the life, if you will

Yesterday, I spent most of the day recovering from the stomach bug. I was feeling a lot better, but wasn't all there, which meant that I needed some help with childcare. Meaning, Lily got to watch her favorite... one of the Toy Story movies! Is it weird that an almost 2 year old loves Toy Story? She does. I laid on the couch and we pulled out some of the toys, which she showed off for the camera....


... and then got too distracted by the movie...


And, then it was lunch time. Lately, she gets SUPER fussy at lunchtime and cries A LOT until there is food in front of her. However, we do not live like the Jetsons, and most food requires preparation. This day we were having Macaroni and Cheese and it does not take long to make, but it isn't instant. I finally found a perfect thing to distract her. I was sweeping the floor and pulled out this little broom and she was silent until the food was ready. I am so using this next time that happens. (By the way, my new trick to make her smile is to tell her to show me her teeth, works like a charm. Actually telling her to smile gets no change in expression- She literally looks mean when I tell her to smile.)


And last, but certainly not least, I mentioned in my last post about Abby's 100 Day Celebration? Well, here is her lovely hat and necklace.... Bea.u.ti.ful, right? and, quite the model? Uh. huh.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails