Thursday, September 9, 2010

Red Velvet

Let me take you on a little journey of beautiful deliciousness.


Ah, now maybe you can see the trees among the forest...
Red Velvet Cupcakes.


I have only had Red Velvet one time and really liked it. I recently thought of it and wanted to make some cupcakes but needed a reason, so I made them for our first Mom's Group of the new school year.

I researched what icing is traditional and the answer isn't specific. Many people use a cream cheese icing, but actually that isn't the traditional Red Velvet icing, so I just made my specialty, Buttercream. Because who is going to turn down good Buttercream, really? -and it's my favorite. (For the cake itself, I used a box mix.)



The reward for all my hard work. :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails