Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bubbles!

First words are a big deal. Many kids have a specific word that was their first. Abby's was "Hi!" Clear as day. I don't count babbling. Maybe I should, but I don't. Lily's first word has been a little bit trickier. Not as clear or consistent. Go figure. Not to mention, I swear there are lots of things she'll say and then I can't get her to repeat them.

But, this weekend, we got some pretty consistent first words. It was fun. We've had "Mama" and "Dada." No biggie. I didn't really count those. I'm waiting for "Mommy" and "Daddy." But we now have "bath," "Papa" (as in Grandpa), and... drumroll please... "bubble"!!!! I am 100% sure that Gymboree class has something to do with it. We do bubbles at it and I bought their special bubble thing and we've used it a ton in the week that we've had it. Which, by the way , I recommend buying. Worth every penny. Doesn't seem like it would be, but trust me.

We also had some friends over for a laid back cookout on Labor Day. The girls had some fun with sunglasses....



The girls with their friend, Emma.


(I should add our laid back cookout wasn't without a little bit of Carrie/Lily drama. First, Lily pulled a glass full of my lovely Bahama Mama drink mix all over the top of her in the kitchen. She, of course, started screaming and slipping everywhere. We finally got all the sticky mess cleaned up and Lily in dry clothes, everyone happy, and what does she do? Yup, literally stumbles and SITS in the cats' water bowl. Water streaming everywhere, Lily screaming, and me losing my little bit of sanity. Mike, Jaimie's brother, said we ought to just put her in her bathing suit. Fair point. That lovely pink T and jean shorts number? Outfit #3. Oh, and the Bahama Mama incident? Ought to win me Mother of the Year, I'm thinking.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails