Friday, September 3, 2010

Mo Willems

Allow me to introduce to you to some of our (Abby, Lily and I) favorite characters from author Mo Willems' books:

This is Piggie and Gerald.

And this is Pigeon. He's a little more well known.


If you have little ones and you haven't ventured into reading some of these books, I would like to encourage you to. We found the Piggie and Gerald books at the library in the Early Reader section (not the Picture book section). They. Are. Awesome. Truly. The text is simple and the pictures are simple, but they are hilarious. Lily gets a real kick out of them. It is very easy to use lots of voices and expression with them because they are so simple.

I also found Mo Willems' blog recently just by googling him. He had a post just this week with artwork by his fans. It was so cute. Here is a link and some samples. So don't just take my word for it:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails