Thursday, March 11, 2010

We visited the pediatrician...

After 10 days of Lily being sick, we made it to the doctor's yesterday. Don't think I'm a terrible mother, because I DID call last Friday because of her fever and they said to not worry too much and to keep an eye on it. So, I did. Yesterday morning, 10 days after she first seemed sick, she woke up with a fever of 101.8. I called.

I saw the one of the nurse practitioners, who are awesome. Before she even examined Lily, she told me that she had just called me that morning (I was at Mom's Group) and the allergy test results were in! She is perfectly normal. No allergies. None. -and they tested for a bunch: cat dander, cockroach (gross), cod fish, dog dander, egg white, house dust mites, milk, mold, peanut, soybean, and wheat. What a blessing, right? The only bummer is that it doesn't solve the tummy problems. We talked a bunch and decided to keep her on soy milk for right now and try a prescription that is supposed to help with tummy pain. It is gentle enough that they use it for tiny babies, I guess. We are probably going to try to transition her back to milk in a couple weeks.

As for the fever, she has a whopper of an ear infection. I feel like a terrible mother, but she never messed with her ear. I asked how bad it was and the nurse practitioner said it wasn't a 10, but it was a good 6 or 7. Poor baby. She is now on that lovely bubble gum pink Amoxicillin. Yum. We're hoping for smoother nights soon. Last night wasn't any better but it usually takes 2 or 3 days before antibiotics really kick in.

So, sadly, no new pictures to jazz up this blog post, but what do you think of my new header? Pretty cute with the polaroid frames, I thought. Thank you, Picnik!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

cute header. except in google reader you can't see the headers. :o(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails