Thursday, March 25, 2010

Books and Dresses and TV, Oh my!

I had a hard time narrowing down what to blog about today, so I'm just going to blog about it all...

First on the list, my new Mom's Group book. We just started a new book and it was one that I recommended, knowing nothing about it (very dangerous). A long time ago, I saw something on it and wrote down the title. It turns out to be a great book for our group. It's called Real Moms, Real Jesus: Meet the Friend who Understands.

Unfortunately, I missed last week's group for an appointment and didn't realize that we were doing 2 chapters at a time, so instead of reading chapters 3-4 for yesterday, I read chapter 2. Nice. I'm a little behind. After this, we're reading The Invisible Woman, which also looks really good. I'll let you know...
~
Today, the girls and I finally went Easter dress shopping. I get so torn on this because I don't want to buy dresses that only get worn to church. I want it to be pretty and spring-y, but also something that can be worn all summer. I had a 20% off coupon for Gymboree, so we went there. I rarely shop there because they are expensive compared to The Children's Place and Old Navy, but SOOOOO cute. They have a daisy line right now that we loved. Here is what we got:

I'm going to hem the leggings that go under Abby's dress to capri length. For her, we already have a white sweater to put over it and I stopped by Old Navy and found some bright yellow jelly-style shoes that are super cute, so she is done! This is a record. Inevitably, every year, I am at Target on Easter Weekend trying to find white tights and shoes to go with the cute dress that I bought. Not this year! For Lily, I just have to find a white sweater in all the hand-me-downs to put over her dress. Cute, eh? Also, Abby got a headband that has a huge daisy on it to wear in her hair. She is pumped because it is her "first" headband. According to her, her favorite flowers are DAISIES, tulips, and roses; so she is very excited.
~
My last thing is TV... specifically, American Idol. Do you watch it? We've been watching it. Matt loves the early audition shows. We both love Simon (most of the time). That said, there were some funny lines this week that I had to share:

From Simon: "It's like you wanted one scoop of ice cream and you got eleven." What?
From Twitter: "Andrew Garcia sounds so angry. Shouldn't 'Heard It Through the Grapevine " be more sorrowful than 'bitch I will cut you?'" OMG! Too funny.
~
Well, that's all I've got for right now, but thing of the spectrum I covered here... from Real Jesus to daisy dresses to Bitch I will cut you. I should get points for that, right?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails