Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ten on Ten

What is Ten on Ten?

Take a photo every hour for ten consecutive hours on the tenth of each month. Document a day of your life and find beauty among the ordinary moments!

This was such an interesting day for Ten on Ten to land, because it was Abby's first day of school. Because it was such a photo-worthy day, there are a few *bonus* pictures, so more than ten. :) Today she is officially a first grader. I miss her very much already, and so does Lily. About 15 minutes after she left, Lily asked, "Where is Abby?" It is going to be an adjustment. That all said, here is my Ten on Ten for August...


Abby and I each drew a very small red heart on each other's hands like the book The Kissing Hand, to remember each other all day. This is mine that she drew.

Lily hugging bis sis.

Abby was literally "bouncing" at the bus stop. This was the only non-blurry picture I got.

Getting on the bus.

Okay, back to the real world. I am so excited about this. Simple pleasures right? I bought new clippy skirt hangers yesterday so I don't have to fold them over regular hangers. No biggie, right. Should have done it forever ago. Terrible that I didn't. Whatever, now I have them. Awesome. Even more awesome? The cheapest style was one of my favorite options. :)

Lily, helping me choose what color nail polish I should use for my toes.

Heading up the stairs for nap.

When you wake up, Abby will be home!

Waiting for an eternity for the bus... for part of that time we looked at clouds. Her bus was an hour late. Sigh. It WILL get better.

Hallelujah!

Me: How was your day, FIRST GRADER????
Abby: It was AWESOME!

A very tired girl. She had her well-child appointment at 6:15. On our way home she said she was so tired she couldn't keep her eyes open. She went to bed at 7:30. We kept Lily up to about 8:00, and I went to bed at 8:30. -and I'm not sure we were ready to get up this morning.


1 comment:

Lodie (my nickname) said...

This was touching and fun to look at!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails