Friday, August 19, 2011

charity: water

So, you know how sometimes you hear about something and you think, oh yeah, that sounds great.

And then, you hear about it again, a while later, and you think, I've heard about that before. Hmm. That's a good idea. And then you move on.

This cycle may repeat itself many times, until you realize that maybe you keep hearing about it because you are SUPPOSED TO? Maybe you are supposed to do something with this. The more you think about it, the more you think of reasons it is important to you? Maybe God is putting this in your heart?

Well, that is where I am right now and the ministry is building wells in developing countries to provide clean water for drinking and sanitation. This is a human issue, but is especially a women's and children issue.


I've done quite a bit of looking around and my favorite of the organizations out there is charity: water. 100% of all the money that you donate to water projects go toward them because they have corporate sponsors that pays for all their administrative costs.

Here is a video that gives you some info:



I think I'm going to start a fundraiser on their site soon, I'm still thinking logistics all though, but please think about joining me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails