Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle


Do you know Mrs. Piggle Wiggle?

I think I first read this book in second or third grade by my teacher and I just thought she was the coolest. I just started to read it to Abby. This book is ancient. I'm not even sure where my copy came from, but it was hard to find a picture of this cover online, because there is new cover art of it now. Mine is yellowed and brittle and well loved. I used to read it to my class when I was a classroom teacher. The text was first copyrighted in 1947, so there is some dated language and stuff, but it is such a good book.

She's this crazy (fun) old lady who lives in an upside down house (that she had built that way for fun), who loves children (and they love her). Parents call her when they don't know what do to with a problem and she gives them crazy cures. Last night before bed we read all about the "Radish Cure" for the girl who didn't want to take a bath. We've also read about Mrs. Piggle Wiggle's cure for not picking up toys, answering back, and selfishness. Abby has loved it.

Do you have any oldie, but goodie books that you have shared with your kids?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails