Saturday, August 20, 2011

State Fair, Take 2

We made it to the State Fair for our second visit on Thursday night. This time we only had the goal of eating and seeing some animals. The other tough goal was to be home in time for bedtime so that getting up for school on Friday was not impossible. That was the hardest goal.

Again, we had a great time. In the car on the way there we talked about what we really wanted to eat. Abby wanted a corndog again, and Lily really wanted "Daddy's Drink" again, which if you remember, was a Lemon Shake Up. She also wanted some corndog, but Abby said that she was going to have to get her own this time. It was pretty funny. We also wanted to hit the Dairy Barn this trip.

Abby and her corndog

Lily and hers- which she never finished... just bites here and there. It's about the experience, right?

Ah, and the Lemon Shake Up...

Anyone want anything fried dessert? Ugh. Gives me a stomachache. Can't say we tried any of that.

I finally found what I was looking for: fried vegetables. I didn't get a picture of that, but Matt and I shared a basket of them. I finally got Abby to try a small piece of the breading (just the fried breading- no vegetable) just to hook her and convince her that it wasn't yucky. She ate it and looked at me and said, "You mean there's vegetable in that?!" It was SO funny. I gave her a bigger piece and by the third bite, it actually had some cauliflower in it and she liked it. Baby steps.

We happened upon some fun entertainment. Abby giggled the whole time.

What's a state fair without some tractors, right?

And our stop at the Dairy Barn! My beautiful Lily turned down ice cream for yogurt, her favorite. The lady at the window actually told Matt, nobody ever orders yogurt, I'm not even sure what flavors we have, let me check. :) Lily LOVED it, and kept talking about how good it was. She had an audience of some girls (maybe college aged) oohing and aahing (and laughing) over her in front of the Dairy Barn when she was trying to convince me she wanted yogurt and not ice cream.

Abby had their special of the day for Thirsty Thursday, a milk shake (which was really more like soft serve).

This picture is where she passed it to Matt and said she was done but then went in for one more bite as I took the picture. She ate a ton, right? It WAS a lot of ice cream, but still, she's DONE?

We saw some gorgeous horses, and I stupidly didn't take pictures. They were beautiful. We saw one that was ginormous. Seriously. Huge. They were my favorite.

Baby piglets!

The pink pigs were by far the girls favorites.

I got some cotton candy before leaving- the girls insisted I share. Dang it.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails