Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I don't know about you, but I am tired this morning. I have been battling a cold for over a week now, and I feel like there is no end in sight. I do feel like I've passed the worst of it, but I also feel like it will never be completely gone. And, that is no fun. I still sound terrible. My cough is a LOT better, so that is a good thing. This dumb cold is part of the reason I've been a bad blogger lately. I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING unless it involves laying on the couch sleeping. Seriously. Anyway, moving on...

Last night, Matt volunteered at a function through Second Helpings, an organization dear to his heart, so he wasn't home all night. I took this as an opportunity to have a Girl Night Party. We invited Jaimie over and I surprised Abby with Toy Story 3 and a few special guests:

Now, not all these guests are new to our house, but I collected them all up and pulled them out as a surprise for the movie. I did buy 2 new ones though: Rex the Dinosaur (he's a flashlight that roars and then asks if he scared you- it's hilarious) and the alien. The rest we already had. Abby also has a big Jessie doll, but I knew if I hid that away, she would notice her missing. I also pulled out our Mr. Potato Head with all his 4,000 parts (see the link- we bought a ton when we were at Disney). We had tons of fun watching the new movie. Abby and I saw it at the theater when it first came out last summer, but it was fun to see it again and share it with Jaimie.

With it being Saturday, it also means that we have passed one week since Matt ran the half marathon and we haven't had any health issues, which is great news. He hasn't run since, giving his body some time to rest (not to mention he's been crazy busy with work and sick with this dumb cold). He's anxious to run again, but just isn't feeling all that great. I gave him the green light to run, so we'll see.

Today it's supposed to be a little warmer, and then colder all week, so I actually think we're going to try to get some Christmas lights out front while it's warm today. Much better than doing it in the freezing cold. I'll be glad we did it come next week. Can you believe that Thanksgiving is in a few days? Yikes! I have to get with my parents to coordinate food. I'm not sure what dishes we're in charge of yet. Add that to the 'To Do' list.

I'm hoping you guys have a great weekend! Rest up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails