Friday, November 5, 2010

Grrrrrr. Winter skin.

I hate cold weather. I should live in Florida this time of year.

Seriously. Already, my skin (along with my family's) is already showing the signs of cold weather.

Poor Abby is in the worst shape. She gets really bad eczema flair ups on her upper legs when it gets cold and she is having one right now. Poor thing. Her bath last night made it worse. Both she and I have little cuts all over our hands from dry skin. We're a mess and it's only the beginning of November.

My only saving grace is this stuff:
I should buy it by the case. I used to use a ton when I taught. I kept it on my desk at school, and one at home by the kitchen sink. Matt keeps it in his car. It isn't greasy (which is a deal breaker for me) and it lasts through hand washing, which is a rare thing. I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately for Abby, she breaks out from just about any kind of lotion, so we go through prescription strength hydrocortizone cream like crazy. I actually have to stop by the pharmacy today to get a refill. We upped the % of medicine in the cream this summer and it did a world of good. We don't have to use nearly as much as we used to. Hopefully after we laid it on thick last night, we have this outbreak under control. She was mess of tears last night. I felt so bad for her.

This dry air is so hard. What do you do to combat it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails