Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Ramblings

i just finished watching the inauguration- a little late. I had to pause it twice as my home life took over: lunch, nap, etc. What a great day. It is so historical and I am at an age that I will remember it always. Abby told her preschool teacher that today Barack Obama was going to be president. My blessed three year old.

Abby informed me, as I put her down for nap, that last night she read her book "Bark, George" after we put her to bed because she wasn't tired. I confirmed with her that it was when we thought she was sleeping? She said yes. I questioned her that, "wasn't it too dark to see?", but she said her Angel Light gave her enough light to see the pictures. Little sneak. I told her that was a very grown up thing to do but really she should be sleeping after we tuck her in.

I had another OB appointment today- no biggie, but everything is still normal and routine. January 30 is starting to feel far away, as I am so ready physically. I keep thinking that I should really stay on top of things around the house so that no matter when I deliver, we are fairly ready around here. That would be easier if I didn't feel so sore, big, and awkward. Funny story: Last night Abby talked to her grandma on the phone and is very excited for all her grandparents to come visit next weekend. She told me in the car on the way to preschool that she was going to share with her teacher that they were all coming when Mommy was in the hospial to have the baby. So, I arrived a little early at church to pick her up because I needed to run inside and have a paper signed. As I walked in, I was told by a couple people that they heard that Abby said I was at the hospital TODAY having the baby. Oops, mixed-up communication. I talked to her teacher and she had questioned Abby a little closer in the classroom and got the true story, but others didn't. It was a bit of a surprise when I walked in, I think!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the story of Abby reading to herself. Do you think she really did??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails