Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bath time



Today Abby had Preschool. I have found in the last couple weeks that it is a nice treat to postpone my shower until after I take her. Then, I get plenty of time to pamper myself without worrying about her or being walked in on. So, today that is what I did. The difference, however, this week was that I had new towels! I got them for Christmas from Mom and Dad about a week ago, but had postponed using them because I had just changed the towels in the bathroom. I finally got the out yesterday afternoon and they were worth the wait. I should preface this by saying that our other towels are the ones we registered for when we got married, so they are a good seven and a half years old and are showing their age. I had also decided in the last year or so that I would like to buy only white linens and towels in the future because then they match everything and they look so clean and fresh.

Fast forward to this morning... The towels are AWESOME. They were so soft you didn't feel like they were drying you, but they were. They were thick and cozy and soft. Mmmmmm. It made for a nice drying off experience!

So, on top of that, I decided to try to trim and paint my toenails today. Now, remember, I am 9 months pregnant, so that is no easy feat. It makes for a lot of awkward twisting and reaching, but I did it! Yesterday, I painted Abby's fingernails a pretty blue that she picked, so I thought I'd try that for my toes too. The only problem? On my toes, it makes me look like a corpse. Oh well. The effort it took to do them means I'm not fixing them, the color will just have to do. I wonder if they'll look okay and make it two and a half weeks to delivery?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

yeah, I would have gotten a pedicure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails