Friday, January 2, 2009

The Pains of Pregnancy

Ah, the pains of pregnancy. I am now 35 weeks and new ones are showing up. This pregnancy has been different in the kinds of pains, some better, some worse. I am learning that every pregnancy is different, and everyone experiences it a little differently. Please allow me a few minutes to unload some of my gripes.

With Abby, I had some minor upset stomach at the beginning, really bad heartburn, carpal tunnel in my hands, and horrible swelling. This time, I had no stomach issues, or carpal tunnel. I have had bad heartburn again and very minor swelling- really an improvement. I also haven't noticed being hot all the time because it is winter out- which has actually been nice.

This time around, though, I've had more actual pain. I have had a nerve or muscle in my back that shoots down my leg that has flared up a few times. Many times, when the baby moves a lot, it actually hurts and feels really tender on my belly. Recently (and what prompted this post) I have started to have pain in my hips, particularly my right one. I notice it more when I'm sleeping and up to last night, flipping over has helped. Last night, it got so bad it kept waking me up, and it didn't matter which side I layed on. I was on the verge of tears for a while (actually still am). This is particularly frustrating because when you are pregnant, your side is really the only way you can lay. I would fall back asleep and wake back up with it hurting, and only 15 minutes would have passed. Around 1:00, I took some Tylenol, which I don't think worked because I was still waking up for the next couple hours. I made sure I wasn't feeling it in my belly and that I could still feel the baby moving, just in case.


So, it is now morning. I got some sleep, but my right hip is still hurting. I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to call my doctor because I fear they will just say to take some Tylenol and to take it easy. We'll see.

Thanks for letting me vent.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you're welcome for letting you vent...though it's your blog so I don't think we really have a choice. hope you feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails