Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Mix of Emotions

It seems like I have hit a mix of emotions. It occured to me today that this weekend is my last weekend before life changes drastically for Matt, Abby, and I. Up to this point (recently), that has all I have been looking forward to. I am tired of being pregnant and we have everything ready. I am ready for this little person to arrive healthy and safe. I've been working on To Do Lists, my maternity clothes are on their last leg, the list goes on and on as to why we are ready.

So, all of a sudden when I realized it is our last weekend as-is, I got a little sad. Life is changing and I thought my nerves about that were gone, but it kind of hit me all at once. It is fleeting, as I go back to my previous feelings too, but I can't completely drop that sad feeling. Up to now, in many ways, I have had a very charmed life. We have carved out a pretty comfortable, happy existance. Abby has been my world and I am a little nervous as to how that is going to feel with another one. My head and heart feel different ways. I know in my head that it is going to be fine, that there might be a transition, but we'll get through it. My heart is wondering how that is all going to work.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Now you get to have two girls that are your world. You're lucky! Think of it that way!!

Lodie (my nickname) said...

I had the same thoughts, as does every new mother with her second one. You will see that your life will be fuller and so will your heart. Just give it time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails