Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let's Do This!

If everything goes as planned, in less than 20 hours, I will be the proud mommy to two little girls, Abby and she who will remain nameless for just 20 more hours. My surgery is at 8:00, but I have to be at the hospital at 6:00.

Today I am tying up all the loose ends around the house. I have set up the bassinet. Matt and I have washed and changed all the guest bed sheets, Abby's trundle being one. Lissy will be bunking in with her, which should be interesting. Our fridge is stocked, the laundry's done, and the house is as clean as it is gonna get. I need to stay busy and distracted, I think, for the rest of the day, if possible. Otherwise, I am going to think too much about tomorrow and get really nervous. I got permission from my OB to take Tylenol PM tonight before bed, so that I am able to sleep.

As of yesterday, we had gotten 12.5 inches of snow. Our driveway is cleared, thanks to my wonderful husband. Local roads are not great, I've heard. At this point, I don't even want to watch the weather reports anymore, because it is out of my control. I just hope that all of our family has safe travels as they head up to meet our new addition. Mom and Lissy arrive tonight and everyone else is coming tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails