Friday, August 8, 2008

Mosquitos



I got eaten alive on Wednesday afternoon while we were geocaching. We were looking for a cache that was back on a wooden path, but we didn't realize how long we would be back there OR how buggy it was. It doesn't help that we had trouble finding it, so we were in the woods for a long time.

Abby and I kept brushing them off our legs, but I seemd to have more trouble. I had on long capris and this morning I counted more than 20 in the few inches of leg that had been uncovered. I can't find any on Abby's legs and she was wearing shorts. I wonder if pregnant women attract mosquitos more? Abby keeps telling me not to itch, but I'm having a hard time because once you itch, then it gets even itchier. Anyone have any remedies to the itching?

(Oh, and yesterday we went to buy bug spray for the next time!)

3 comments:

Everything Lissy said...

It's kind of funny that your 3-year-old has to tell you not to scratch. I have no remedies. I'll google.

Everything Lissy said...

oh yeah, next time put a dryer sheet in your pockets. heard that keeps them away too.

Carrie said...

I'm not sure the dryer sheet would have deterred them. They were determined.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails