Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spelling words- keeping it exciting, I hope.

As is my nature, as a former elementary school teacher of eight years, I am trying to keep homework not completely boring for Abby. Yesterday we headed outside to practice Spelling words with sidewalk chalk. Lily, of course is just along for the ride, which she is completely okay with.

Abby had to write the words all over the driveway (correctly!), and then I would call them out and she had to run to them, read them and spell them aloud. Then, she had to go back and trace over them in another color.


Lily worked on rainbows.


This is Abby's hardest word this week. I keep randomly asking her to spell it, and she had to write it a couple extra times on the sidewalk. I think she has it now.


Lily decided to work right down by the sidewalk/street. Makes me nervous, but she's so good and never goes any farther (and yes, I watch her the whole time).


Abby chose to later add a picture to go with each word.


We finished it up with just hanging out for a bit.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails