Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Leaps and Bounds- Lily



Not that long ago, many of my blog posts were about how worried I was about Lily and some of her delays in gross motor and speech development, and lately, she keeps stopping me in my tracks at the things she says, so I think maybe it is time for an update.

You would never know that she was behind, because she has progressed at such a rapid pace in vocabulary that she speaks in complex sentences now, it seems. Just this morning, a crayon that she was playing with at the kitchen table fell on the floor and she came up to me and said, "Mommy, a bad thing has happened today. My crayon fell." Seriously? She also announces herself sometimes first thing in the morning when she wakes up and calls out from the dark as she's walking to Abby's room where I'm getting Abby ready for school, " It's Happy Day!" or "It's me, Lily!" (which sounds like Silly, because L's are hard, you know.)

Last week, when I subbed for our church's preschool, she was able to tell the director that she was "Two and half" when asked.

One of the only gross motor skills that she hasn't mastered yet is jumping. She desperately wants too. She bends those little legs and springs, but her toes never leave the ground. Just recently she and Abby have been practicing. Abby tries to get her to use her arms. It is very funny to watch. Our pediatrician told me that they don't even expect kids to be able to jump until they turn 3, so we'll get there. At this age, some kids can, some kids can't. She is pretty much completely potty trained (yay!), and doing awesome. We couldn't be prouder.

Lily is a superstar.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay!!! All that worrying for nothing. She's a superstar (and you can tell her Aunt Lissy said that!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails