Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Leaps and Bounds- Abby



An update on Miss Abby. Where to begin.

She continues to be a superstar. She has started first grade as we knew she would, excelling all the way. She loves it and does well. When I ask her after school about school, she can never highlight one or two good things, she just says the whole day was awesome.

She loves math and library. She is reading like nobody's business. I taught first grade, and she is above the first graders that I taught. I worry about her perfectionist nature (I wonder where she got that?).

I couldn't ask for a better big sister for Lily. And, she's funny. Just this morning she "smoldered" at me like Flynn Ryder in Tangled. She kept staring at me all weird and wiggling her eyebrows. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was smoldering at me because she knew I liked Flynn Ryder. Oh my.

This year she has started gymnastics (we're taking some time off from dance to try something new). She LOVES it so far. She works her little behind off while she is there for that hour, and then is just bubbling before and after class. It's contagious.

I'm so excited about spending time with her as she grows up, and yet, can I just freeze time too?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails