Monday, May 16, 2011

Loving on Jacob and Tidbits

We FINALLY made it to visit some family this weekend. Our calendar has been so busy that it has literally been impossible to find a full weekend to travel. This time we did our best to make it work and picked Abby up a half hour early from school and took off early Friday afternoon and came back late Saturday evening. Lily was one exausted toddler. She was very fussy Sunday morning at church, but we had a nice time visiting.

Most of all, the girls had the best time ever loving on their new cousin Jacob. We had a hard time holding off Lily, as you might be able to tell in the pictures below. If you see her arms held out, what she is really doing, is trying to pull him toward her with all her might, or hug him with much force. The girls would love him to pieces if we'd let them. I love the bottom right picture. Abby is in his face kissing him, and Lily is trying to pull him toward him to hug/hold him. Poor baby. Assaulted from all sides. All I was trying to do was burp him. In the end, he has no shortage of people who love him.


In other news, I can't believe after temps in the 80's last week, it was 43 degrees this morning! We had to go from air conditioning to the furnace being turned back on! Goodness gracious. I am in summer clothes mode, now I don't know what to do.

We are counting down to Abby's last day of school. Crazy. She has 7 days of school left after today. If we hadn't had that crazy ice storm, the last day would have been this week, but now she has to go some next week. A year ago I couldn't imagine what it would be like for her to be in school all day, everyday and now I think it is going to be an adjustment to have her home for summer vacation!

Many of you already know this from Facebook probably, but I finally have a diagnosis for my shortness of breath that I've been experiencing for a few weeks. I got the results back from the Pulmonary Function Test and I have asthma. Wow. I am still adjusting to that craziness. I have two inhalers: one for daily use and one rescue inhaler. I have a doctor's appointment in a month to see how the medicines are working, at which point I will ask all my questions, which will be, "Whaaaattt?!?!??!" :) In all seriousness, the daily inhaler takes 1-2 weeks to "get into your system," so I haven't really noticed a difference yet with that. The rescue inhaler helps noticeably. Like, within a couple minutes, but I don't want to overuse it either. That will be one of my questions for my doctor (how much is appropriate to use it).

I created- what seems to be- my annual traditional mix CD for the car last week. I always crave some new fun music when warm weather comes around. You know, music to roll your windows down and sing along to. The girls and I are loving a few Bruno Mars songs (not all- some are a little too grown up). Do you have some favorite "roll down the window" songs?

ABC cancelled Brothers and Sisters and Off the Map. I am losing 2 of my shows. I am bummed. I am a 1 hour drama girl. Grrrr. I miss the days of Felicity, Gilmore Girls, and Party of Five. Heck, even Dawson's Creek. (I loved Pacey and Joey) Anyone else? No more reality!

I've been cleaning out the "Blogs I Read." I am trying to narrow it down some. I'm learning some of my favorites have changed/narrowed a little. Any favorite blogs you'd recommend?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails