Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I want to wish special ones to my mom, of course, for being who she is and modeling how to be a mom to my sister and I; and to my sister who is celebrating her first Mother's Day with Jacob! I wish I could be there celebrating with you guys!

As for my Mother's Day weekend, it has been great. The reason we couldn't travel this weekend to celebrate it with family is because yesterday Matt ran the MiniMarathon here in Indy. He did great and set a personal best. He's a little sore today, but doing great.

Today, I got to have doughnuts from our favorite bakery. Abby was very upset that I wouldn't eat them in bed. Then, we decided to go see the movie Rio as a family. We had an old gift card that paid for it all, so it was free to us! We loved it.


We have church tonight (we took the morning off this week) and we are in charge of organizing the meal so I picked a taco bar. Yum! I am also really looking forward to the warm weather this week. Yesterday we ran to the mall and got Lily's swimsuit that was too small returned and bought a better fitting one. They had amazing deals at Gymboree, so Abby got a new one too. (When we tried them on at home the girls didn't want to take them off!) We are officially set for our beach vacation which is rapidly approaching. I can't wait and lord knows that Matt needs a good separation from work and I need a break from health issues. I will have finished all physical therapy 2 days before we leave! Woo hoo! On another note, on Friday my PT said that I have regained all my flexibility (135 degrees) in my knee. That's a pretty huge deal. I am very excited about it. It hurts to do it and doesn't feel natural yet, but eventually it will.

I will leave you with some pictures of my beautiful, silly girls....they are why I get to celebrate Mother's Day.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails