Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Learning to Read

Being that it's the end of the year, Abby has her sight word "test" this week. Her teacher sent home a practice sheet to practice with. I had Abby practice last night, which she really didn't want to do, and she read them like it was a piece of cake! How far she has come this year! It is so cool to see your child become a reader. You would think that it wouldn't be as exciting for me since I have taught first grade, but it still is.

We got some books from the series "Cat the Cat" by Mo Willems (LOVE him) at the library and she was so excited because she could read them. It is becoming a whole new world for her. It should be a fun summer for her as we explore reading library books some more.


On a completely different note, have you tried the new Frozen Strawberry Lemonade from McDonalds yet? I've been wanting to try it. I pretty much love all versions of Strawberry Lemonade. :) We stopped on our way home from Ohio on Saturday at a McDonalds so I tried one. It was pretty good, but I would say that Fazoli's version is a little better. I like it a little more tart than McD's was, theirs was a little too sweet. BUT, it was good and I wouldn't turn one down.... let's be honest, I will probably buy one again. Just make sure you mix up the strawberry and lemon when you gets yours, it makes it taste way better- just a helpful hint.


Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails