Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Little Sore

I made it through. The surgery is over. Phew! I'm over 24 hours post op, so I'm officially sore now, but managing. After taking prescription strength pain killers for the first day or so, I've decided that I'd rather feel a little more pain than be constantly sleepy so I'm now relying on OTC drugs. So far, so good. After recovering from c-sections with the girls, this really isn't too bad.

I had a nerve block on my leg for the surgery, which kept me numb for most of the day yesterday. My hip has been really sore and I figured out today that is because that's where the nerve block was administered. No fun.

The surgery itself went well. We saw the doctor briefly afterward and he had some pictures from the scope of the inside of my knee, and it really was in bad shape. We were right to get it fixed. I asked if we could have copies of the pictures and he said yes. Maybe I can next week at the post op appointment and share. They weren't gross, just black and white. Kind of interesting, actually.

It's been hard being couch bound, I have to admit. Lily has had a hard time with it, too. I've been able to make it to the bathroom, but that's it. Last night I slept on the couch. We haven't talked about tonight yet. I'm nervous about how we'll tackle the stairs, but my bed sounds lovely.

Thanks for the prayers everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails