Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inside My Knee

Yesterday I had my post-op doctors appointment. It went very well. My doctor was very pleased at my progress. I think he was actually a little surprised. Apparently the lack of swelling was great and the amount of bend I have right now (30-40 degree) is pretty good. He said that I need another week or so of healing time before I can start physical therapy. The script he wrote for my PT is written for 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks. I am not really looking forward to it because it is going to be difficult and I'm sure will hurt at times, but I am anxious to be better.

So, on to what I think is kind of interesting. We got pictures of the inside of my knee. These are pictures of pictures, so they are kind of blurry. Let me explain what you are seeing in these pictures. This is a picture of the back side of my knee cap (on top) and the groove that it slides in (on bottom). The first two pictures are prior to any "clean up". It is basically a picture of what arthritis looks like. Cartilage should be hard and smooth, not hairy like mine looks.



And this is what it looks like after he cleaned it up. Not perfect, but TONS better.


Kinda cool, huh? No blood and guts, either.
~

So, today is also the tenth and I've already started taking pictures for Ten on Ten. Have you? I'll post either tonight or tomorrow!


1 comment:

Lodie (my nickname) said...

Oh my gosh!!! that IS interesting. You are bound to feel better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails