Thursday, March 24, 2011

Get in front of the camera


I am setting a new goal.

A couple of blogs that I read have mentioned this before, but today one mentioned it and I think it's a great idea. I guess I should tell you what it is... take more pictures of yourself with your kids. The idea is that moms get so focused on taking the pictures that we are so rarely IN the pictures. We often worry about how awful or fat or cruddy we look, but really in twenty years, our kids are not going to be thinking about that. It will just be nice to have those pictures. Under the Sycamore takes seriously beautiful pictures and blogged about this topic today. She links to this old entry where she explains the need to include yourself in photos. It's a good read, I think. She also links up with another blog that is doing the same thing. They are hosting an "Embrace the Camera" Challenge. It also gives another perspective on taking pictures of yourself.


Great idea, right? A little scary to take all those pictures of yourself and not be hypercritical of how you look. I guess that is a goal in itself. :)

So, if you are a mom and take lots of pictures of your kids but not lots of yourself, I encourage you to check out all those links and try it with me. You don't have to share the pictures on Facebook or online, just do it for your family.

1 comment:

Dawna said...

So very true! I guess I need to do it as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails