Sunday, May 11, 2014

My first pillowcase dresses!

I posted a while back on Facebook that I wanted to learn how to make a pillowcase dress.  I'd seen pillowcase dresses online at Hanna Andersson, a company that makes darling kids' clothes, for up to $28 a piece.  I KNOW that they aren't that hard to make, and I am fairly proficient at sewing, I just needed a tutorial or some size recommendations for my girls.  

Here's the $28 one I was trying to mimic:


I put together some of the recommendations and tutorials I found myself, and went fabric shopping.  I found some batik and tie-dye type fabric that cute and put both dresses together in a couple hours.  The ironing took the longest.

The girls love them and both wore them to church today and looked super cute.  I'm happy with how they turned out and we talked about maybe making another set, but maybe they can help pick out the fabric this time around.  :)



Pretty girls!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails