Friday, May 23, 2014

Emi-Jay Inspired Hair Ties

A couple weeks ago, I bought the girls some Emi Jay hair ties from GMA's Deals and Steals (apparently they are VERY in with celebrities).  They are generally pretty expensive, but the deal was for a little container a bunch of their new skinny creaseless hair ties and 2 headbands.  The girls have some similar ones that they got for Christmas and the pop of color is fun.  They have to still have an elastic under them to hold up their fine hair, but the color is still fun.  I actually really like the 2 headbands that were included.


Anyway, long story short, I decided to buy some elastic and make some of them for much cheaper.  I googled hints ("how to make emi jay hair ties") and what kind of elastic to buy.  I found several tutorials.  Here is one I liked.  So I ordered some fold over elastic, and it arrived today!  I bought it in a multi-pack on Etsy at a shop that specializes in it. They even had polka dot styles!



It's pretty easy.  You cut it to length.  Run the end through the flame of a lighter (being very careful) to seal the cut edge, and knot it.  Easy peasy.  Go make yourselves some.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails