Friday, March 21, 2014

We've lost our marbles!

For this week's edition of Craft Thursday, I was going for something super easy and simple.  I've seen Marble painting on Pinterest a ton, and usually it's aimed at kids Lily's age, but paint is usually never a boring idea for Abby.

I had all the supplies already, so we went for it, plus it wasn't a super in depth and long project which was a bonus this week.

First, washable paint in lots of colors (I bought a Crayola multi-pack at Target for a reasonable price- lots of colors without buying huge bottles of each color, and it really does wash out of everything I've gotten it on), marbles, paper, and a tray that the paper fit in.  I used a baking dish because that's what I had.  I've seen foil pans online which would be great if you had them.  I used an egg container for paint.  I was going to use a muffin pan, but then I thought of this and luckily had one.

At first, I thought the girls would put all the marbles in at once, but Abby did one at a time.  Probably worked better.

Lily liked putting 2 or 3 marbles at a time.  Age differences dictate that, and maybe personality.

Abby's finished product:

Lily's finished product:

We'll might take a little break from Craft Thursday for Spring  Break, but we'll see... 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails