Friday, March 7, 2014

An out of this world Craft Thursday

For this week's Craft Thursday, I planned an outer space project that I've seen on another blog that we copycatted.

The girls started by tracing around a bunch of circular things in the kitchen:  cups, a coin, jars, etc.  Then, we painted them with watercolors in cool ways to look like all kinds of fun planets.  Then, we set those aside to dry.

Next we needed to create our starry sky.  We used black construction paper, white paint, and a toothbrush.  Super fun!  The girls used their fingers to flick white paint onto the paper to create little white stars.

We took a short break to let everything dry and then came back and cut out our planets...

...and glue them to our black sky.



This is Abby's finished product.  She wanted hers hung in the kitchen where I only have about one cabinet left for artwork.   (I think it looks crooked, I have since fixed it.  It was driving me crazy.)

Here is Lily's.  She wanted hers in her room.

They liked the project, now I have to come up with one for next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails