Monday, March 3, 2014

Reading about Narnia

In January, our family watch the three Chronicles of Narnia movies that have been made.  I blogged about it here.  I've since found my copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which is the first book in the series.  I bought the copy back during my first year of teaching.  I decided it would make it a great read aloud for the girls, and they could compare it to the movie.  -kind of backwards from how I would usually recommend.

We just finished it, and the girls loved it.  It added to the movie, but wasn't too different.  In this case, I think the movie helped them visualize the book a little better.


Since the girls were enjoying the books so much, when Abby brought her Scholastic book order home from school last month, I ordered the Magician's Nephew (which is a prequel to the above).  If your child gets the book order, I had to order it online and do a search for it.  

It talks about how Narnia was formed, but wasn't actually written first.  Different publishers number the books differently, but we're reading it second.  

We started it last night.  I think it helps to have an understanding of Narnia first before reading this one.  That's my 2 cents, having read both of them before.  So far, they love it.  


Are you reading anything good lately?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails