Monday, April 11, 2011

Strawberry Bread

A week or so ago, there was a huge sale on strawberries at the SuperTarget where I grocery shop, probably because they were super, super ripe. Like needed to be used in the next 24 hours ripe. I bought 2 quarts and decided that was a great excuse to make our family's favorite, Strawberry Bread. Click on the link for the official recipe, but here are some pictures:

I bought so many strawberries that we had enough for a double recipe, but I only have one loaf pan so we decided to try muffins this time. They. were. awesome. And really, any batter tastes better in a mini-muffin shape.

So, the recipe says to just mush the berries with a fork, but I puree' them in the blender. Potato, pota'toe.


Yummy wet ingredients: sugar, butter (I don't mess around with margarine), egg


I don't have a picture of the dry ingredients, but here is a picture of everything all mixed together with the strawberries being folded in. Yummy goodness.


Bread and muffins


They aren't so pretty once they are baked, but they taste awesome. Yum.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails