Thursday, April 7, 2011

Love those Tots

I tried a new 'recipe' tonight. I decided I wanted to try Tater Tot Casserole. I know that this isn't a revolutionary dish, but it isn't one that Matt or I grew up with, so it is a new one for us. I googled it and got basic directions, though there are a billion ways to tweak it.

I started with browned beef, a little garlic salt. I then mixed in my favorite variety of Cream of ___ soup. I used Chicken. Use your favorite: Mushroom, Chicken, etc. I also saw the idea of mixing in Broccoli Cheddar soup. Some of the recipes suggested layering it on top of the beef instead of stirring it in, totally your choice. You could also mix in some diced onion here. Me? Bleck.


I then layered green beans (french cut). I also saw the idea of corn, or mixed veggies, or nothing at all....


A little cheese, and then the Tater Tots-



Bake according to the the Tater Tot directions, though I think mine could have used more time. I would probably add about 10 more minutes next time. I topped with cheese for the last 10 minutes or so to make it melty. Yum.


And there you have it-
(with ketchup for picky little girls)


If you make this, how do you tweak it?

1 comment:

Lodie (my nickname) said...

Really nice pictures and directions. You look like a professional recipe blogger!!! Nice Job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails